In this article, we will provide class 3 science worksheets on the human body. After solving the science worksheet for class 3, kids will be able to distinguish between internal and external organs. They will easily understand the general structure, location, and functions of the different internal organs. They will know the parts/organs of the respiratory system (nose, windpipe, lungs) and their functions, and processes (inhale and exhale) of breathing.
Our body is like a machine. It consists of a combination of different parts. Each part works in coordination with other parts to
keep us healthy and alive. All living things are made up of cells. Cells of similar type doing the same job, join to form a tissue. Different types of tissues join to form an organ.
Explore more: Living Things and Non-Living Things
Our body is made up of many external and internal organs. Organs that can be seen by us and are present on the surface of our body are called external organs. Some examples of external organs are the arms, legs, eyes, nose, and ears. On the other hand, organs that are located inside our body, beneath the skin, and cannot be seen by us are called internal organs. Some of the internal organs are the brain, heart, lungs, stomach, intestines, and kidneys.
Worksheets on Human Body for Class 3 Answer Key:
(1) – EVS Worksheet for Class 3:
A. Name the following organs.
1. This pipe connects our mouth to the stomach – ___________________
Answer: food pipe
2. This organ controls all parts of our body – ___________________
3. This organ pumps blood to all parts of the body – ___________________
4. These are the main organs of our respiratory system – ___________________
5. These bean-shaped organs clean our blood – ___________________
6. Two external organs – ____________________________
Answer: nose and eyes
B. Write the functions of the following: Windpipe
Answer: Windpipe – During respiration, oxygen enters from the nostrils, passes through the windpipe and reaches the lungs.
(2) – EVS Worksheet for Class 3:
A. Match the following.
Answer: 1. Brain – c. Helps us to think,
2. Diaphragm – e. The muscular sheet below the lungs,
3. Mouth – d. Helps in breaking food into smaller parts,
4. Windpipe – f. Air passes through this part,
5. Muscles – a. Help in moving body parts,
6. Inhalation – b. The process of breathing in air
B. Write the functions of the following: Kidneys, Heart
Answer: Kidneys – These are two bean-shaped organs that filter our blood and remove body wastes in the form of urine.
Heart – The heart pumps blood and sends it to all organs of our body through blood vessels.
(3) – EVS Worksheet for Class 3:
A. Choose the correct option.
1. Mouth is an _____________ (external / internal) organ.
2. The exchange of gases takes place in _____________ (nose / lungs).
3. Deep breathing helps us get _____________ (relaxed / excited).
4. Adding _____________ (useful / harmful) substances in the air causes air pollution.
5. _____________ (Smoke / Vapours) released from burning of wastes and rubber tyres causes air pollution.
B. What is the smallest unit of our body?
Answer: The smallest unit of our body are cells.
(4) – EVS Worksheet for Class 3:
A. Write YES for true or NO for false statements.
1. Our arm is an internal organ. _____________
2. A group of organs working together as a team forms an organ system. _____________
3. Lungs filter blood to produce urine. _____________
4. Our lungs expand when we breathe out. _____________
5. Polluted air causes breathing problems. _____________
B. Label the parts of the respiratory system.
Answer: nose, windpipe, lung, diaphragm (starting from top)
(5) – EVS Worksheet for Class 3:
Differentiate between Skeletal and Muscular System.
|Skeletal System||Muscular System|
|The bones in our body make up the skeletal system.||All muscles work together to form the muscular system.|
|There are 206 bones in our body.||There are about 650 muscles in the body.|
|This system gives shape to our body and protects the inner body parts from getting injured.||Muscles are attached to the bones and help us to move the different parts of the body.|
(6) – EVS Worksheet for Class 3:
From the given list, assign the correct number to each internal organ shown in the diagram.
Answer: Check out the video for Answer.
Internal Organs Worksheet for Grade 3 – Video Reference
Class 3 Science Worksheets PDF Free Download
More Environmental Studies Worksheet for Class 3:
GK Questions Related Links: