Here we have provided Houses Worksheet for Class 2 with free environmental studies pdf. After solving houses we live in class 2 worksheets, kids will be able to understand different types of houses, materials used to make houses, cleanliness of the house, etc.
We all need a home to live in, to sleep, eat, bathe, and be safe. Our home protects us from rain, heat, cold and unknown danger.
Explore more: Class 2 Worksheet
Houses can be made of different materials. Pucca houses are built from bricks and cement. Kuchcha houses are built from mud and thatch. Tree houses, houseboats, and stilt houses are usually built from wood. Tents are made from thick cloth called canvas. Igloos are houses that are made from ice blocks.
Solutions for Houses Worksheet for Class 2
(1) – Class 2 EVS Worksheet
A. Fill in the blanks with the missing letter:
1. I ____ loo
2. C ____ rava ____
3. Ho ____ sebo ____ t
4. T ____ nt
B. State True or False:
1. A houseboat is made of ice blocks. ___________
2. Kutcha houses are very strong. ___________
3. In places where it rains a lot, people build houses on poles. ___________
4. Caravans are houses on trees. ___________
5. We should keep our house neat and clean. __________
C. Why do we need a house?
Ans: We need a house as it protects us from heat, storms, cold, rain, and animals.
(2) – EVS Worksheet for Class 2
A. Fill in the blanks:
1. An ______________ is made of blocks of ice.
2. We find ______________ in Kashmir and Kerala.
3. ______________ are houses built on wheels.
4. People decorate their houses with beautiful patterns called ______________.
5. A very tall building is called a ______________.
6. Tents are made of thick cloth called ______________.
7. Kuchcha houses are generally found in ______________.
8. ____________ houses are built from bricks and cement.
B. Why do some houses have sloping roofs?
Ans: People build sloping roofs in places where it snows or rains a lot. This helps the snow or rain to fall off easily.
(3) – EVS Class 2 Worksheet
Identify and name the houses :
Ans: a) Tent, b) Kuchcha house, c) Caravan, d) Multi-storeyed apartment, e) Igloo, f) Single-storeyed house or bungalow
(4) – Environmental Science Worksheet
Draw a pucca house and a kuchcha house and label them.
Ans: Children will draw a picture of the pucca house and a kuchcha house on the worksheet on their own.
(5) – EVS Class 2
A. Suggest two ways by which we can keep our house clean.
Ans: We can keep our house clean in the following ways –
a) floors must be mopped and swept daily.
b) dustbins must be covered and garbage should be cleared daily.
B. Draw a colorful rangoli.
Ans: Children will draw a rangoli in the space provided on the worksheet.
(6) – Class 2 Question Answer
Match the following:
Ans: 1. tree house – e. forests
2. stilt houses – d. heavy rains
3. huts – b. villages
4. houseboats – f. Kerala, Kashmir
5. houses made of ice blocks – c. very cold places
6. caravans – a. houses on wheels
Class 2 EVS Worksheet on Houses We Live In Explained in Video:
Download EVS Worksheet for Class 2
Related Environmental Studies Worksheet for Class 2:
GK Questions Related Links:
|Nursery GK||LKG GK|
|UKG GK||Class 1 GK|
|Class 2 GK||Class 3 GK|
|Christmas GK||National Symbols of India|
|First in India||First Woman in India|
|Did You Know Facts||Solar System & Planets|