Important GK Questions for Class 4 with Answers
General Knowledge (GK) is an important part of education that helps children develop their understanding of the world. Here are some GK questions with answers in English that are suitable for students of class 4.
Encourage your child to keep learning more and expand their knowledge every day with our selected GK questions with answers on various topics.
GK Questions for Class 4 Students in English
1. The first animal to be sent into space was a _________________.
2. What is the full form of VIP?
A) Very interesting person
B) Very important plant
C) Very inessential people
D) Very important person
Answer: Very important person
3. Identify the author in the picture.
A) Ruskin Bond
B) Chetan Bhagat
C) Khushwant Singh
D) Rabindranath Tagore
Answer: Ruskin Bond
4. In which country was zero invented?
5. What is Kashmir famous for?
6. What is the capital of Kerala?
7. Who is the author of Ramcharitmanas?
C) Kabir das
8. In which country are the mysterious rocks of Stonehenge found?
D) The UK
Answer: The UK
9. These twin skyscrapers are an important landmark in Malaysia’s capital city, Kuala Lumpur. – Name them.
A) Palm Towers
B) Petronas Towers
C) Emirates Towers
D) Huaguoyuan Towers
Answer: Petronas Towers
10. What is the national game of Bangladesh?
11. Which of these languages is written in the Devanagari script?
12. All the planets in the solar system rotate anti-clockwise. ______________ is a planet that rotates clockwise.
13. In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
14. Which of these animals is endangered mainly due to poaching?
A) One-horned rhinoceros
C) River dolphin
Answer: One-horned rhinoceros
15. The ___________ is the source of almost all the energy on the earth.
16. If a particle of dust gets into your eye, the first thing you must do is-
A) Blink and rub your eye to remove the dust
B) Call an ambulance
C) Wash the eye with clean water
D) Start shouting
Answer: Wash the eye with clean water
17. State true or false: the water hyacinth traps insects in its leaves.
18. This plant gets its name from its leaves, which are shaped like a large ear or shield. – Name the plant.
A) Fox’s ear
B) Bat’s ear
C) Kangaroo’s ear
D) Elephant’s ear
Answer: Elephant’s ear
19. Which of these is the tallest flower in the world, at almost nine feet?
C) Titan arum
Answer: Titan arum
20. Who burned Ravana’s Lanka?
21. Which musical instrument did Ustad Bismillah Khan play?
22. What does the Sanskrit quote ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’ mean?
A) Keep looking up
B) The guest is a god
C) Positivity always wins
D) The best is yet to be
Answer: The guest is a god
23. What is the old name of Sri Lanka?
D) Gold coast
24. Before becoming an independent country in 1971, Bangladesh was known as __________.
A) West Pakistan
C) East Pakistan
D) South Pakistan
Answer: East Pakistan
25. A butterfly tastes with its __________.
26. Which country invented paper and printing?
27. What is the capital of Tripura?
28. Who designed the Indian national flag?
A) Subhash Chandra Bose
B) Annie Besant
C) Indira Gandhi
D) Pingali Venkayya
Answer: Pingali Venkayya
29. Who is the shortest woman in India?
A) Rumeysa Gelgi
B) Jyoti Amge
C) Siddiqa Parveen
D) Sandy Allen
Answer: Jyoti Amge
30. Victoria Falls borders these two African countries.
A) South Africa and Botswana
B) Kenya and Tanzania
C) Zimbabwe and Zambia
D) Egypt and Libya
Answer: Zimbabwe and Zambia
31. Viswanathan Anand is associated with which sport?
C) Table Tennis
32. What is the official language of Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Tripura?
33. What colour is an aeroplane’s ‘black box’?
34. Which layer of the atmosphere protects the earth from harmful ultraviolet rays?
35. Which animal is killed for its body parts such as skin, bones, and teeth?
36. Greenhouse gases are causing global __________.
37. Orville and Wilbur Wright invented the ____________ in 1903.
B) Light Bulb
38. The largest and deepest ocean is the –
A) Red Sea
B) Pacific Ocean
C) Arctic Ocean
D) Indian Ocean
Answer: Pacific Ocean
39. Which continent has the highest number of countries?
40. How many centuries are there in 1 millennium?
These GK questions are a great starting point for students of class 4 to increase their knowledge.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) on GK Class 4
Here are the top 10 General Knowledge (GK) questions, which cover a wide range of topics that is suitable for people of all ages:
1. Who is the current President of the United States?
2. What is the full form of NATO?
3. What is the currency of Japan?
4. What is the capital of China?
5. Who discovered penicillin?
6. Who won the first edition of the FIFA World Cup?
7. Who is the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?
8. Who won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2020?
9. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
10. Who is the current Prime Minister of India?
These questions are all-time important questions and can be used to test one’s general knowledge on topics like current events, geography, literature, science, and sports.
Some easy quiz questions that are suitable for people of all ages are:
1. What is the biggest country in the world by land area?
2. What is the smallest country in the world by land area?
3. What is the capital of Australia?
4. What is the currency of the United States?
5. Who was the first human to walk on the moon?
6. What is the full form of an ATM?
7. What is the largest ocean in the world?
8. Who wrote the famous play “Hamlet”?
9. How many planets are there in our solar system?
10. Who invented the internet?
These questions are meant to be easy and a good starting point for learning general knowledge.
It is difficult to determine the “best” General Knowledge (GK) question that is suitable for people of all ages as it depends on an individual’s interests, knowledge, and level of education.
However, one classic GK question that interests and challenges the individual is:
What is the capital of the United States?
It’s essential to note that the best GK question is the one that expands individual knowledge.