Simple GK Questions for Class 2 Kids with Answers
Simple though mandatory GK questions for class 2 kids with answers to expand their GK level. All the GK questions and answers are combined in a PDF file. To get the free printable PDF file of all the GK questions for class 2, click on the download link.
GK Questions and Answers for Class 2
1. Which sense stops working when you have a cold?
2. Where is Victoria Memorial situated?
3. On which day do Christians remember the death of Jesus Christ?
Answer: Good Friday
4. In the Mahabharata, the Kauravas were 100 brothers. How many brothers were the Pandavas?
5. Which sense is felt on your tongue?
6. Which is the shortest month of the year?
7. Think quickly and complete the set.
8. In fairy tales who woke up after sleeping for 20 years?
Answer: Rip Van Winkle
9. Leap year comes after how many years?
10. How many zeroes are there in ten thousand?
11. How many are there in two dozen?
12. What is a baby kangaroo called?
13. Which bird has been given its name because it eats fish?
14. Which of these sportspersons is a wrestler? R. Ashwin, Sakshi Malik, Sunil Chhetri?
Answer: Sakshi Malik
15. In which city of Punjab is the Golden Temple located?
16. Which of these sports is a racket sport: cricket, hockey, or tennis?
17. Which of these is the odd one out because of what it eats: horse, elephant, deer, jackal?
18. It is the name of a very popular festival and of folk dance in Assam and other northeastern states. Name it.
19. In which sport does an oar help you to move?
20. Which of these are stringed instruments: sarod, veena, violin, mandolin, or sitar?
Answer: All of them
21. What is the highest four-digit number?
22. Which word can be placed before each of these words to make new words: flower, rise, set, glasses?
23. Are these countries bigger or smaller than India in size—Russia, USA, China?
24. In which dance do the dancers wear masks and big headdresses—Kathak or Kathakali?
25. From which creatures do we get silk?
Video Reference for Class 2 GK Questions:
26. What would you find in a garage—a car or flowers?
27. Tea is grown on hill slopes. True or false?
28. Of these three, which is the smallest (in size): tablet, laptop, or desktop?
29. Who is popularly known as the “Iron Man” of India?
Answer: Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
30. Which place in India is also known as the “Land of Rising Sun”?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
31. Where is the Taj Mahal located in India?
32. Who is PV Sindhu?
Answer: A badminton player
33. Which animal has blue blood three hearts and nine brains?
34. Which is the largest country (area) in the world?
35. Who is the 1st citizen of India?
36. 200 paise is equal to how many rupees?
37. Olympic games are held after every how many year?
38. Which is the hardest substance available on earth?
39. How many cards are there in a complete pack of cards?
40. How many millimetres are there in 1cm?
41. What grows quicker—hair or toenails?
42. What is the next number in the following sequence– 7, 14, 21, 28?
43. Char Minar is located in which city?
44. Which is the longest river in India?
45. Which is the largest continent in the world (by area)?
46. Who is Sachin Tendulkar?
Answer: Indian Cricketer
47. How many bones do sharks have in their body?
Answer : 0 (shark has no bones)
48. Which state in India is also known as the spice garden of India?
49. Which are the colors of the Olympic rings?
Answer: Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, and Black
50. Which part of the plant grows under the soil?
Video Reference for Class 2 GK Questions:
51. is a group of ants called?
52. How many kings are there on a chessboard?
53. What does PTO on a page stand for?
Answer: Please Turn Over
54. Which city in India is called the city of temples?
55. What is the highest mountain peak in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
56. Which is the deepest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean
57. Which continent is also known as the frozen continent?
58. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee wrote this song. The title means, ‘Mother, I salute you’. What is its Sanskrit name?
Answer: Vande Mataram
59. Who wrote the Ramayana?
Answer: Rishi Valmiki
60. It is an exercise of the mind and body. It is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘coming together’. What is the word?
61. What did Shah Jahan build in memory of his wife, Mumtaz Mahal, in Agra?
Answer: The Taj Mahal
62. What is the name of India’s national TV channel?
63. The Meenakshi Temple is in South India. Where is it?
64. Which city is named after Jamsetji Tata?
65. Where is Golden Temple situated?
66. Whose wicked stepmother gave her a poisoned apple?
Answer: Snow White
67. I study in a school of magic. Ron and Hermione are my best friends. Who am I?
Answer: Harry Potter
68. Find the odd one out from the following:
a) pigeon b) ostrich
c) bat d) crow
69. Who was the founder of the Sikh religion?
Answer: Guru Nanak
70. How much time does it take to sing the Indian National Anthem?
Answer: Approximately 52 seconds
71. What do we call a person who designs buildings and houses?
72. What do we call when little drops of water are found on leaves and flowers in the morning?
73. Which country has won the most number of FIFA Men’s World Cups?
74. Which months do not have the letter ‘r’ in them?
Answer: May, June, July & August
75. Can you think of a word that means a carpenter’s tool and is the past tense of see?
GK Questions Related Links:
|Class 1 GK|
|Class 3 GK|
|Class 4 GK|
|National Symbols of India|
|GK on Solar System|
|First Woman in India|
|First in India|
|Did You Know Facts|